April 30, 2009

Apple Blossom Festival


Farmer Boy calls me "Apple Monster".  I can probably exist on apples alone, plus, I come from the Land of Apples and live in the State of Apples.  For many other reasons we decided to go to Apple Blossom Festival this year.  It is still going on till May 3rd.  Farmer Boy has seen it, it was my first.  We drove to Wanatchee on Saturday and arrived just before the parade.  The parades of my childhood involved military marching and saluting.  This one was fun and wild, with kids running around and marching bands (from excellent to hysterical).  I really enjoyed it.  All around Wanatchee orchards were in bloom.  It was good to see some of them in operation after the last year's fires, which destroyed a lot.  





We came home to our own backyard fruit blossom festival.  My pear, apple, cherry, and plum trees are in bloom.  I hope to get lots of fruits this year.  





No comments:

Post a Comment